It’s not so much that the ALP are in denial when they say it was disunity that lost them the election, it’s that they say it and expect people to believe.
To help them with their debrief I give them some hint of why they were turfed out.
- The Craig Thomson scandal and the alleged misuse of credit cards;
- The prime minister openly defending and supporting Craig Thomson in parliament, an additional scandal;
- Defending Peter Slipper’s behaviour with the hypocritical misogyny speech;
- Killing the beef live export industry overnight;
- FBT changes that hit ordinary workers;
- Introducing vast amounts of red tape for business;
- Demonising immigrant workers and using the ATO to hound immigrant workers;
- New regulations that made child care costs skyrocket;
- The Australia day race riot;
- The AWU affair;
- The suppression of reporting of the AWU affair;
- The Finkelstein attempt to remove free speech;
- 300 billion in debt with an annual interest bill for us taxpayers of over 10billion;
- The numerous promises to deliver a surplus;
- the announcements that a surplus had been delivered when it hadn’t;
- The attacks on the most profitable sector of the economy and then surprise when that sector slowed down;
- personal vilification of wealthy individuals such as Gina Rinehart;
- The hiking of electricity bills;
- The chaos of border protection;
- The carbon tax lie;
- Getting in bed with the Greens when they didn’t have to – the Greens would never have supported Abbott in anything; and
- Any amount of other debacles.
(List mostly compiled from commenter DD at Catalaxy)
Rudd was out of step to the very end I didn’t hear him congratulate Tony Abbott but I did hear this;
It would be un prime ministerial of me to say Bill Glasson eat your heart out, so I won’t.
By far the strangest concession speach I have ever heard.
Be gone and be quiet Rudd.
Slipper got 920 votes in the election but more importantly, nearly 3,000 people voted for Craig Thomson in Dobel. What the hell were these people thinking?
Worse still, over 29,000 people voted for Swan in my electorate Lilley, indicating they have no concept of debt. I would hate to see their credit cards.
I look forward to a stable and competent government and the wailing of the children of the Left.
It will be music to my ears.